Regular dental visits are important because they help keep your teeth and gums healthy. During a check-up, your dental hygienist will examine your overall oral health and look for any potential issues like plaque, tartar, or cavities. If it’s time for your dental check-up and teeth cleaning appointment, Alpine Dental Health is safely reopened and ready to serve the dental needs of all our patients.
How to maintain good oral hygiene
We understand the health of your teeth and gums are important to you, so we wanted to give you a few tips for maintaining good oral hygiene while you wait for your next teeth cleaning or hygiene appointment. Our top tips include:
- Brush your teeth for two minutes, twice per day with a fluoride toothpaste.
- Brush your tongue every time you brush your teeth to remove plaque and eliminate odor.
- Floss between your teeth once a day to stimulate the gums, reduce plaque and lower inflammation.
- Drink more water. Drinking water after meals helps wash out some of the negative effects of sticky or acidic foods and beverages.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables to help clean plaque from your teeth and freshen your breath.
How to take care of your mouth when you are sick
If you happen to get sick, here are a few ways you can keep your mouth healthy:
- Maintain your oral hygiene routine.
- Rinse your mouth with diluted mouthwash or water with a teaspoon of baking soda after vomiting instead of brushing right away to reduce your teeth’s exposure to acid.
- Stay hydrated to prevent dry mouth and help boost your immune system.
If you or a loved one is in need of dental services, our wonderful team of dentists at Alpine Dental Health is here to help. Please see below for our office locations.
Boulder Office – 2700 Canyon Blvd, Suite 210
Dr. Whitney Smith
Downtown Denver Office – 910 16th St. Mall, Suite 711
Dr. Barry Taller
West Fort Collins Office – 1015 S. Taft Hill Rd – Unit K
Dr. Seth Cowden
Downtown Fort Collins Office – 950 S. Taft Hill Rd.
INTERIM OFFICE WHILE NEW LOCATION IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Dr. Mick McDill, Dr. Todd Rosenzweig, Dr. Mesa Roth